Over the weekend I was in a serious baking mood (this rarely happens). I was also in a serious lazy mood and did not want to go to the store. So, I decided to make cookies based on whatever I had on hand. I also decided to make the cookies healthy so I wouldn't feel bad about eating them all over the course of two days (with a few helpers...).
Feel free to add or delete certain mix-ins if you have something else on hand or if you just don't like raisins, coconut, peanut butter, etc. If you take out the peanut butter, make sure you replace it with almond butter, sun butter, or something similar since the PB is kinda crucial in keeping everything stuck together.
Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Makes 12 cookies
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal (use gluten-free if you want these cookies to be GF)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup coconut
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Mix all ingredients using an electric mixer or food processor (I used a food processor since I don't have an electric mixer. If using a food processor, pulse so the ingredients don't get too blended/broken down)
- Grease a non-stick cookie sheet (I used coconut oil spray)
- Spoon dough onto the cookie sheet in balls (12 cookies total)
- Flatten the 12 balls of dough (the cookies wont' flatten out much while cooking)
- Cook for 10 mins
Enjoy and let me know if you try!